Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Moving day!

To the other end of the world, or so it seems to my father.  Despite living in Midway (which, as one may expect, is midway between St. Paul and Minneapolis), he very rarely crossed the river, and still finds doing so to be confusing and uncomfortable.

IMG_5969
But the furniture was wrapped, the dolly was brought inside, and off went my things!

IMG_5970
The moving crew of the day earned high marks for their care and attention.  If anyone needs movers in the Twin Cities, Good Stuff Moving is the way to go.

IMG_5979
Looking at my apartment from the front door.

IMG_5997
Cherry and paint splatter fake countertops, my favorite.  (truth be told, it's not the fake that I mind, it's the splatter.  I hate that I can't tell if my countertops are dirty.  I miss my cream countertops from McCormick!).

IMG_5990
Looking at the kitchen and living room from the windows (coat closet is on the left).

IMG_5987
Coat closet

IMG_5992
My little deck!  I can't wait to decorate and get some herbs going once it's warmer out.

IMG_5910
Looking into the bedroom.

IMG_6002
Closet!  (huge, but alas, corner closets never hold as much as you want them to)

IMG_6004
Closed closet door on the left, bedroom door out into the hall, looking on the closed doors to the laundry.

IMG_6011
In unit laundry.  The best.

IMG_5906
Bathroom.  (not shown: linoleum that matches the kitchen countertops).

IMG_6015
This is what it looked like when the movers left.  Yikes.

IMG_6020
First meal in my new place!

No comments: