Friday, September 18, 2015

Stillwater Antique Shopping

IMG_4336
A long tough day of antiquing means lots of wandering and spying to the backs of cluttered shelves, looking to find the next find, and usually drooling over things I have no space, use, or money for...it's the best.  

I ended up with:

--two volumes by James Whitcomb Riley, a cousin from my grandmother's side of the family
--an awesome set of eight green/orange/red flowered glasses in a wire rack
--two sets of four tiki drinking glasses with patterned wood on the outside
--an ah-mazing revolutionary dude with a tri-corner hat mug; he is absolutely going to be for making Boston punches once he's out at my place

I have been really bad at taking photos of my finds since I've gotten home - things tend to get packed and stay packed.  But just you wait, internet.  My bar is going to shock and amaze once it's finally set up. 

IMG_4338
An important component of antique shopping: refueling!  We ended up stopping at Smalley's Caribbean BBQ for lunch, and things were tasty but sadly lacking in fried plantains.

IMG_4340

No comments: