Monday, August 4, 2014

1000th post!


I can't believe it, not really.  My personal corner of the internet is now seven years and 1000 posts old.  So much history, so much experience, so many new friends.  It's hard to believe how much things have changed, and downright exhilarating and frightening to think of what the next seven years will bring.  A chateau in Switzerland with adorable French-speaking children?  A cute little Craftsman by the green line in St. Paul, with a kitchen that's the perfect size for my cooking projects with natural light streaming in?  A job in a science museum bringing the subject matter I love to life?  World travels?  A postdoc at 3M?  Midsommarfest held in my very own backyard?  Graduating?  (ha)

Who knows!  Part of the fun of life, I guess.**


**Yeah, right...I'm sitting here making myself anxious just thinking about all the things!  "Patience, young Jedi," I say, "It's all worth it in the end, and things sort themselves out.  And if they don't, hey, there's always the goat cheese and brownie ice cream from Toscanini's."

No comments: