Friday, May 30, 2014

Boston Eats: Backbar

I finally made it to the elusive Backbar in Union Square!

See the sign?  It's the door before that.  Because to find the coolest places, you have to look really confused and keep opening random alley doors.

Skylights made the bar feel bright and cozy.

Olives and salty sweet kettle corn.  My first drink was their daily milk punch, but for my second, I spied an amazing tropical bird glass high on their shelves and decided to ask for "something in that."

The server said, "You know, I think I have a frozen pineapple somewhere...how does that sound? 

And that was how the entire bar became quite jealous of me. 

A singapore sling!  In a pineapple!  I took off the top, and a lovely wisp of smoke emerged.  Because obviously, if there's a pineapple drink, there must be smoke.

Oh-so-happy!  (even if I don't look it...it's hard to smile while drinking through a straw!)

No comments: