Friday, October 18, 2013

Life in the 16th Arrondisment

IMG_9082
The balcony of my home-away-from-home in Paris.  Look at that view!  Why oh why did I ever come back?   ...silly PhD.

IMG_9511

IMG_9727

IMG_9084
The 16th doesn't have a posh or hipster reputation - it's more a home for quiet and families.  I adored it. 

IMG_9731

IMG_9734

IMG_9878
Our visit to the castle that inspired Versailles began with a picnic.  And I have to say, French picnics are my favorite.  Sara and I visited the cheese monger to buy our cheese, and you have to tell them when you'd be eating the cheese, because then they'd feel all of the cheeses to find you the best one for that night, or the next day.  Our cheese monger was quite young, likely our age, and approached his cheese-selection job with the utmost seriousness.  Cheese is no joke in France.

IMG_0170
 The bridge!  And that view....it cannot be beat. 

No comments: