Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Guggisberg, Switzerland - The Town

Population 1500 (and mostly in the surrounding hills), Guggisberg is truly a quaint hamlet, nestled inbetweens mountains, a green and relaxing retreat.  There is one small hotel, but Sara and I only stayed for a few hours, wandering among the houses and cemetery, continually in awe of the view and being in the homeland.

IMG_0578

IMG_0579

IMG_0580

IMG_0582
We had no idea what the first word meant, but we did get "Tourism Bureau."  Being in the German-speaking part of Switzerland without a German speaker made things a bit difficult, but Sara was able to find someone that knew French.

IMG_0588

IMG_0616

IMG_0617

IMG_0619
Chocolat froid for a mid-morning snack!

IMG_0620

IMG_0621
The bubbles on our cold chocolates just slay me.  So cute!

IMG_0622

IMG_0624

IMG_0649

IMG_0650
We found the playground!  And I'm sure everyone thought we were nuts.  Yes, we were the crazy American girls.

IMG_0651
This slide was no joke.  Not for the weak.  

Now, I will say, there is a hilarious video of me trying to dance to "Sound of Music" -- but the first time I did it, I danced in real time and fell flat on my bum after hitting a particularly dew-y patch.  The second time I decided to twirl in slow motion.  Pure cinematic gold.

IMG_0657

IMG_0661

IMG_0668

IMG_0675

IMG_0677
The photographer, hard a work.

1 comment:

TomW said...

Cool slide!

I read that Julie Andrews had a hard time filming the opening to The Sound of Music because the wind from the helicopter filming the action kept knocking her down.