Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 2010

 (a few days late)

Inspiration


Ok Go, you are my FAVORITE.  Will you marry me?  You made today so much better than it was.  Thank you.  (and of course, they're in Boston December 5th!?  I am seriously considering springing for tickets)

Citizen Scientists - regular people helping study fireflies, owl behavior, and ecology...very cool.


Blood Sweat and T-shirts, a look at the process of making clothing in India, from cotton to the sweatshops.



 Land Carpet from Florian Pucher...love.


Happy fall!  (illustration by Marguerite Davis, via Sally Jane Vintage)


 
Going West, via Dudecraft



Things to look forward to:

--Being done with my thesis proposal!  I'll be more absent than usual in an effort to prepare my manuscript and my presentation (the practice talk is Tuesday, the paper draft is due next Friday, my actual proposal is November 29th, and I am far from ready)


--Watching North and South with one of the girls on my floor.  She found my weakness in period dramas, so we'll be watching a bit now and then when she has a break in her studying. 

--Thanksgiving and turkey!  Yum.  The housemasters hold a Thanksgiving dinner for all the students staying here over the long weekend, and there is always quite a lot of delicious food.

--I have four of thirty-nine packages sent.  But gosh darn it, more are coming, I promise! 

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

You always find the best videos!

bridgetwhoplaysfrenchhorn said...

I'm glad you like them! I'm always looking for things that make me smile, and then playing through them at least five times....