Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's official!!

I've been waiting ever since I got home to post pictures of a very special new addition to my family back in Minnesota.

It's quite the announcement.

Nope, I'm not getting married.

No, no new babies.

No, my mom hasn't consented to buying another golden retriever ("but mom! We already have Hillary...we just have to get one more and name her Condi!).



It isn't a Big Bobber, either. No matter how cool this one is, the reviews on Amazon are pretty terrible.

Guessed it yet?

No?

Does the picture help?


Water, trees...how about a boat?

Nope. Although---we finally have a place to use one!

Okay, okay, I'll tell! My family just bought a cabin near Backus, Minnesota on quiet and beautifully clear Sanborn Lake.


It's about three hours from the Twin Cities, and a lovely ride full of green, lakes, aaaaaand ice cream. (pictures of that to come).


It's small and sweet, with two cute bedrooms, a fireplace, a garage, a beautiful yard.



There was also a fairy ring of mushrooms near the oak tree, which was a sign of good things to come, I think.


Beautiful stand of birches (there's also a fire pit!)


Look at that water...so cool, so clear, so blue!


The next door neighbors.


Water is about two feet deep here...and absolutely perfectly clear.


I am so excited to get back to Minnesota and stay at the cabin for reals...I got a call this morning with the whole crew heading up with the moving van. I want the fourth of July flag cake, watermelon, burgers on the grill, Eric almost burning himself on fireworks, a fire in the fire pit, s'mores and sandwiches in pie irons, late nights playing scrabble...everything that is delicious and wonderful about cabins. I'll see you soon, Minnesota!

1 comment:

Sprite said...

Holy crap! TAKE ME WITH YOU! It's bee-uu-tee-ful!