Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Some celebratory videos for you all:



(music is the overture to "The Thieving Magpie" by Rossini)



(music is the 1812 Overture - this is actually played WITH CANNONS here in Boston - I can't wait! ...and I know, I know---blowing up Parliament isn't exactly appropriate for our independence day, but I couldn't resist)

Also, to any of my science friends out there (or anyway who writes research papers and such), check out http://www.ncbirofl.com/

NCBI is a research portal short for "National Center for Biotechnology Information" and contains abstracts of many many papers -- it's a standard place to look for research papers in the literature. And this is a blog that takes the best of the best and posts them ("The spermicidal potency of Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola" and "Bust size and hitchhiking: a field study" being some of my favorites). Check it out!

All right everyone--I'm off to finish some lab work and then celebrate! Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: