Sunday, June 21, 2009

lovely weekend

Friday night was leftovers and salad (arugla with homemade croutons and parmesean), watching the French film Priceless, starring Audrey Tatou (and going to bed mercifully early. We're talking 10 pm, folks. I'm getting old!). I also stopped at Target and found three pairs of shoes (!) all closed toed and cute. I also bought a crockpot (on sale!) and a cute summer tote for $3.98. Oh Target...I love you.

Saturday morning was strawberry picking with the guys in my lab at Verrill Farms, a pick-your-own place about 40 minutes from Cambridge. Next was the farmer's market for amazing raisin walnut bread, fresh hamburger, cheese, and lettuce. Scott and I went for a quick ride in his new (well, used) car to vacuum it out at the gas station down the street and find him sandals. Can you believe he hasn't worn sandals since he was 10?! He found a really nice pair at Payless...and I, uh, found three more pairs of shoes: sandals from Zac and Zoe, the new environmentally friendly line, plus two pairs of wedges that I can wear to work. Let's just say I won't need to go shoe shopping for awhile...

Scott also tried out his new George Foreman grill last night, and he and his roommate and I enjoyed burgers and a new recipe from Smitten Kitchen, strawberry dumplings. They were pretty good, but I think I prefer pies and cobblers. It was nice to try a new recipe, though. The three of us also watched the second episode of True Blood (oh HBO, you and your vampires and gratuitous nudity...and props to Anna Paquin for being fantastic! --see the trailer here - not for the faint-hearted) as well as 100 Girls (hopelessly inane. And the opening credits had all of us collapsing in giggles. We all thought it had been made in the early 90s, but no...the year 2000. Wow. Seriously though...don't waste your time!)

Sunday was pancakes with fresh strawberries, and then lots of lab work - running a gel and trying to find my seemingly elusive protein. Pretty please? Show up tomorrow, okay? I'll bring you a present....

No comments: