Tuesday, May 5, 2009

waking up...

I woke up this morning an hour later than I wanted, huddled within my blankets and clutching my phone for dear life...apparently I had woken up to shut off the alarm but then fell asleep before I put it back underneath my pillow. You know you're tired when you're so zonked that your phone is in the "if-you-want-it-you-are-taking-it-from-my-dead-body" sort of hold. I don't really know what gets into me sometimes. I'm trying so hard to get on more of an "adult" schedule (bed around 12, up at 6:30, work out--and so on)...but this has been really hard. I can't figure out if it's a REM thing, or maybe just that I need more sleep and need to go to bed at 11, or what. All I know is I need to go to bed early tonight. Yes. And instead of stuffing myself with rice crackers and peanuts (and let's be honest, more of those crack dark chocolate raisinettes) when I get home, I'll go for the fennel tea and just get to bed.

It was rainy last night, and the grey/bright green spring showers have continued today. While I do love these days---the drizzle and rain, the calm...I like them better when I get to stay at home and work on my computer, or peacefully read a book. It's not really my favorite to have to slog in to work by 9 am, do two hours of lab stuff, then four hours of class, and then lab meeting and orchestra, while trying to fit in studying and getting ready for a presentation tomorrow in my pathophysiology class. One of these days, the rainy day will be on a Saturday, and I will be able to cuddle up in my hypothetical big bed and my hypothetical West Elm pin-tuck duvet cover and read a book.

The closest I get to either of those right now is sit on top of my dorm-furniture bed with my college sheets/comforter and read papers like "Different aa-TRNAs are selected unifromally on the Ribosome." Let me tell you, that one is really a thriller. You won't be able to put it down...

No comments: