Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Eric Carle


This year is the 40th anniversary of Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar" -- and in the vein of things that made a difference in my life, books were one of them. I was a voracious reader as a little girl, and his were my favorite to read - such cool pictures and silly fun stories!

Things have changed, with my reading material now titled "The genetic advantage hypothesis in cystic fibrosis heterozygotes: a murine study" or "Tumor morphology and phenotypic evolution driven by selective pressure from the microenvironment." No wonder I buy things like "Are You There God It's Me Margaret" from the thrift store to read (and help me decompress).

For more about Eric Carle, visit his website.

And now, I'm off to daydream about glue and tissue paper and brown bears while I futz around with data processing and some nonsensical clustering analyses. Because that's what I do.

No comments: