Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Things to look forward to...

Because I have spent all morning (yes --- ALL MORNING) working on my taxes, I thought I'd take a break and talk about things I am actually excited about. And can I just say (and everyone in my office agrees) ---if taxes give PhD candidates at MIT so much trouble, there is a systematic problem that needs to be dealt with. I don't mind giving the government my money....but holy cow. Why is it so complicated?

So---the list:

-shopping on Saturday! it's been a looooong week. I think I'm going to hit up Harvard Square (I need to buy lotion at Origins), and perhaps Downtown Crossings for H&M, TJ Maxx, and DSW).

-spring break next week---first two days are a bioengineering retreat, and then it's lots of working in lab stuff. But it'll be nice to catch up on classes

-restaurant week adventure part two -- lunch at L'Espalier

-being a GRT? I did four interviews in the past few weeks, and I'll find out shortly if I have a position at one of the undergrad dorms. I really hope this works out...

-buying an ice cream machine! Because I'm an addict. And that's okay.

-NSF grant? I'll find out if I got the grant in April

-going HOME in April for a weekend. Tea House, seeing Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at Chanhassen Dinner Theater with my mom and brother (thanks for the birthday gift!!), seeing M for lunch, and seeing the lilacs bloom for the first time since high school...

-quals in June. wait...should I be looking forward to an eight hour exam? I guess?

-hopefully going home in June for my dad's retirement party (EDIT---apparently he's not having one) and spending some time going through stuff at home in an attempt to finally get everything out to Boston

-blueberry picking! it's going to be a lab fieldtrip in July or August

Sigh...I can't wait to be done with taxes.

4 comments:

M. said...

Where do you want to go for lunch? This is such an event, we have to pick a great place.

You Are My Fave said...

My goal in life is to own a pull down ice cream machine.

bridgetwhoplaysfrenchhorn said...

M: Hmmm...we could make it a somewhere around Rosedale thing (and then go to Turnstyle) or a Grand Avenue thing (and go to My Sister's Closet)...or we go somewhere else fun! Do you have any places you'd really like to go?

You are my fave: those are so much fun! Mmm...ice cream...

M. said...

Both of those suggestions are very tempting. I will have to ponder this.