Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The jury is in...

Next year, I will be attending the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to begin my doctorate in bioengineering.

http://web.mit.edu/be/index.htm

It was a really hard decision, and even though all the traveling to so many other schools made for one stressed out and behind-in-all-her-classes me, I'm glad that I did it. It really gave me a chance to see a wide variety of options and many fantastic programs. I was able to meet some incredible professors, hear about intriguing research projects, and gain exposure to that lovely nerdy thing I love called science.

Thanks to all who have supported me along the way...your kind emails, gentle proddings (thanks brother), rides to the bus early in the morning, and amazingly patient attitudes have been a boon to the decision-making process.

If you find yourself on the East Coast (or just want an excuse to visit Boston), please know that you will have a place to stay. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

M. said...

Anyone surprised? No? OK. ;-)

BOSTON HERE WE COME! We will definetely plan a trip to the East coast when the opportunity presents itself (as I tell my brother, when free time and money coordinate). There's little doubt you will love MIT, love living in Boston, love the facult you work with, etc etc etc. I am so happy for you!!!!! THE GRADUATE SCHOOL PROCESS IS DONE AND LIFE CAN MOVE ON!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Sarah Rueth said...

hoorah! congrats! that's so exciting.