Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rejection...and pictures!

I received my first letter of rejection yesterday from Rockefeller University in New York City...I was definitely a bit bummed, and I had to console myself in brussel sprouts slathered in butter (yes...my roommates do think I'm odd). However, this does mean that there is one less weekend I have to miss and one less crazy travel schedule I have to set up. Ah well...rejection gives you a more realistic view of this whole process. For every person that goes on to interview, many more are rejected...and those that are rejected in effect pay for those who are being wined and dined.

Also, if you would like to see pictures from my travels, please see below:

http://iwu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2030156&l=609e2&id=41600264

2 comments:

M. said...

Aw, I'm sorry. I guess it would've been a bit absurd had you gotten into EVERY SINGLE PhD program you applied to. It might have been a world record. But like you said, this is one less weekend away, one less interview, etc. Now you can focus on your other options.

Brussel sprouts? Seriously?

bridgetwhoplaysfrenchhorn said...

Seriously. Getting the world to understand the greatness of brussel sprouts is also on my life to-do list. Get a bag of frozen brussel sprouts, heat with a little water in the microwave for about a minute, and they should be soft enough to cut in half (so they cook evenly). Finish steaming and top with butter and salt. Mmmm...